70. Giving birth is the second most painful thing a human being can experience – the first is being burnt alive.
69. Two women, born on the same day but 157 years apart died on the same day. This is the creepy story of the Erdington murders. The two women met with a friend, put on a new dress, went to a dance, and met their killers. They were killed the same way and in the same spot. Both by men named Thornton who were acquitted of the murders in both cases.
68. Japanese railway companies have started installing tunnels for turtles to help them cross safely under the tracks avoiding turtle causalities and train delays.
67. On 18th Feb, 1979, it snowed in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes.
66. The chicken is the closest living relative of the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
65. After winning 4 gold medals at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin, African-American track star Jesse Owens was not invited to the White House or recognized in any way by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Instead, it was Adolf Hitler who gave Owens a special commemorative gift.
64. A man sued Pepsi when he found a rat in his Mountain Dew. Pepsi attorneys stated that Mountain Dew will dissolve a mouse in 30 days, and showed that his can was purchased 74 days after being manufactured.
63. There is a “rain room” in London that makes rain fall everywhere in the room except the spot you are standing at.
62. Volvo invented the three-point seat belt and gave the patent away to save lives.
61. NASA has two satellites chasing each other around the Earth tracking the distance between themselves to measure gravitational anomalies. Their nicknames are Tom & Jerry!
60. Bruce Lee could perform one hand push-ups using his thumb and index, perform 50 reps of one arm chin-ups and throw a single grain of rice in the air and catch it with chop sticks. He was not from this world!
59. A lone Indian man has planted a 1360 acre forest by himself, to save his island. It took him over 30 years and is known as “Molai forest”!
58. Terry Fox was a 21-year-old one-legged cancer patient who ran 3,339 miles across Canada in 143 days before dying.
57. The combination of red hair and blue eyes is the rarest in the world. It occurs in less than 1% of the world population.
56. The world’s oldest hotel is in Japan. Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan hotel in Yamanashi has been operating since 705 CE and has been run by the same family for 52 generations.