100 Amazing Facts Around the World
55. Humans are the best long-distance runners on Earth, able to beat horses and everything else in marathon distance races.
54. Samsung is also a full-time weapons manufacturer.
53. Slovakia and Slovenia are mistakenly thought to be each other so often that they meet once a month to exchange wrongly addressed mails.
52. The world’s longest glowing light bulb was installed in 1901 and has been burning for over 110 years straight. It has a carbon filament that is eight times thicker than a contemporary bulb.
51. Red, irritated eyes after swimming in a pool isn’t caused by chlorine. It is caused by urine.
50. Psychologists say that, if a friendship lasts longer than 7 years then it will last a lifetime.
49. There is a plant that is able to simultaneously produce both tomatoes and potatoes, cleverly named as the “Ketchup ‘n’ Fries” plant.
48. 100-year-old Lil and 102 year old Jane were neighbors when they first met in 1945. Today, they are BFFs who have enjoyed over 71 years of long friendship.
47. San Francisco’s 16th Ave Tiled Steps are covered in mosaic tiles that look awesome during the day but transform beautifully with the reflection of the moonlight.
46. Japan’s Okinawa Island has more than 450 people living above the age of 100 and is known as the healthiest place on Earth.
45. The male brain is 10% bigger than female’s but works more efficiently.
44. Yawning doesn’t always necessarily mean you’re tired, it also means your body needs more oxygen.
43. The Great Pyramid of Giza contains enough stone to make an almost 2 ft high wall around the Earth.
42. There was a woman named Veronica Seider who had vision 20x better than average. She could identify people more than a mile away.
41. Men and women who listen to similar music tend to be better communicators and have longer lasting relationships.